- Where should you sit in a Theatre?
- What is dress circle seating?
- Where is the best place to sit at the Mayflower Southampton?
- Does stalls mean standing?
- Is dress circle better than Grand Circle?
- What is dress circle seating at CIBC?
- What does dress circle mean?
- Is it better to sit in the orchestra or mezzanine?
- Why is there no i row in a Theatre?
- What is the dress circle at Princess of Wales?
- Are the stalls or circle better seats?
Where should you sit in a Theatre?
For a standard movie theater with exit rows on the sides (as opposed to down the middle, as some older theaters have), the best spot is as close to dead center as you can get.
“I’ve always felt the obvious best spot to sit in a movie theater is in the center of the room, center with the screen..
What is dress circle seating?
In theatres, main floor seats are called orchestra stalls or the stalls. And the first balcony above the orchestra in a curved section is called the ”dress circle”. It is intended for the people in evening (formal) dress and, hence, called the ”Dress Circle”.
Where is the best place to sit at the Mayflower Southampton?
There are definitely pros and cons for all of the seating areas at the Mayflower Theatre. I would say that the best seats are mid way back in the centre area of the stalls, because you’re far away enough from the stage to take in all the action, but you can also see the close up facial expressions of the performers.
Does stalls mean standing?
Anyway, stalls essentially refers to seating that is at ground level. Very much a matter of personal preference and/or what you are going to see.
Is dress circle better than Grand Circle?
– Dress Circle, aka Royal Circle or Circle, is the same as Mezzanine in the USA and is the next tier of seating above the Stalls. – Upper Circle or Grand Circle is the same as Balcony in the USA, and is normally the next tier of seating above the Dress Circle. (These are normally the cheapest seats!)
What is dress circle seating at CIBC?
The Dress Circle is the most centrally located seating option in the CIBC Theatre. This relatively compact seating area between the Orchestra and the Mezzanine contains only a few rows of seating, making it one of the smaller seating areas in the theater.
What does dress circle mean?
: the first or lowest curved tier of seats above the main floor in a theater or opera house.
Is it better to sit in the orchestra or mezzanine?
Mezzanine seating can offer a more panoramic view and, if you’re in the first row or two, you’ll often be closer to the stage than you would have been in the orchestra. “I think that the front, center mezzanine is the best spot” says Elf Niece – “there you can see the whole stage without missing detail in the show.”
Why is there no i row in a Theatre?
A spokesperson for the Shubert Organization confirmed that the confusion with the numeral one is indeed the reason why most of its theatres have no Row I. Those theatres have had no Row Is for as long as the workers in the Shubert theatre operations department can remember, and that means several decades.
What is the dress circle at Princess of Wales?
The Dress Circle is the tier located directly above the Orchestra, with a more intimate seating capacity of just over 450 seats.
Are the stalls or circle better seats?
As a rule rows 6-8 in the stalls tend to offer the best views. The dress circle – Also sometimes called the Royal Circle, first balcony or mezzanine, the dress circle is the next tier of seating above the stalls.